Subject: Re: nfs vs pagedaemon
To: YAMAMOTO Takashi <yamt@mwd.biglobe.ne.jp>
From: Frank van der Linden <fvdl@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/07/2003 16:08:38
On Mon, Apr 07, 2003 at 10:50:16PM +0900, YAMAMOTO Takashi wrote:
> i found the problem.
> because the file offset that corresponds to the page changes
> in the case of swap and we're using byte-range of the file
> to track commited/uncommited, we can't do unstable writes+commit for swap.

I'm not sure I understand what you're saying here. Do you mean that
the computed offset (computed using b_blkno) isn't correct for the
pageout case? The offsets should be consistent inside the swapfile.

> the attached patch simply attempts stable writes in the case of pageout.
> i'll commit this if no one objects.

It'll kill pageout performance, though, but there is something to be
said for it, since it'll get rid of the pages immediately.

- Frank