Subject: Re: Should PR 18434 be closed?
To: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
From: Naoto Shimazaki <igy@arhc.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/07/2003 22:30:09
At Mon, 7 Apr 2003 12:55:22 +0200,
Martin Husemann wrote:

> I'm confused.
>
> I don't see how the "do { ... } while(0)" variant of the macro would fail
> in current wi.c sources - what am I missing?

"do { ... } while(0)" solves nothing reported in PR 18434.
Sorry my mess.

> man DELAY(9) says:
>
>      void
>      DELAY(unsigned int us);
>
> so what "use as an expression" are we talking about?

It is true that man DELAY(9) doesn't require DELAY() to be a
expression.  However, if a macro looks like a function, implement
it like a function is much better. (if possible)

> You can't use void functions as expressions, can't you?

Function calls are expression although its return type is void.

--
Naoto Shimazaki