Subject: Re: compartmentalization of kernel memory
To: John Gordon <john_94501@yahoo.com>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/05/2003 21:48:13
> Now, ARM is a different matter - on that one the best we managed was read-only.
> If anybody knows how to make ARM's zero page inaccessible, I'd sure be
> interested to hear it.

Doesn't the SA1100 (at least) let you move the table to an alternate
(fixed and not particularly useful) address?

Could the 16 protection bits (forgotten what they are called) be used??

I remember moving the vector table from 0 on a 286 (real mode) system.
At least random overwrites didn't splat on the illegal instruction
vector - also let us use a logic analiser to trap the accesses.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk