Subject: malloc_type_{attach|detach}
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/04/2003 15:49:25
Hi,

even through I've modified smbfs LKM code to call the malloc type
attach/detach function, I still occassionally see a kernel panic
from unrelated malloc call when I try to load/unload the smbfs LKM.

It appears the functions are not protected from interrupts, so
there is a race where interrupt can come in during time when
the structures are not consistent.

What should be done? Should the functions call splhigh() before
accessing kmemstatistics, or should the caller take care of that?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/