Subject: Re: NetBSD usage in embedded environments
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Andrew Gillham <gillham@vaultron.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 04/03/2003 10:58:45
On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 10:17:20AM -0500, Allen Briggs wrote:

> RedBoot loads NetBSD fine.  What I suspect Kyle might have been
> talking about, though, is a BSD-licensed boot loader that shares
> code with NetBSD and which can be included more seamlessly in the
> development and (in perhaps a reduced form) in the final product.
> There are a few different boot loaders out there with different
> licenses on them and with differing platform support, but nothing
> that fits this bill.

FWIW the LinuxBIOS project started with the FreeBIOS code.  FreeBIOS was
apparently code from 'Net Insight AB' written to boot NetBSD on the STPC
Consumer.  By now the LinuxBIOS project has purged most of the original
code, but presumably someone could start another project based on the
original freebios code.

-Andrew