Subject: Re: NetBSD usage in embedded environments
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/29/2003 11:21:55
> > that may not serve the purpose for an embedded device which may not have
> > all the facilities of a workstation and/or need all facilities available in
> > unix.
> > can you actually remove the swapper and/or some major subsystems using
> > config?

You can't remove some parts at the moment. Making them optional shouldn't
really take too much efford tho. Some parts of kernel functionality
are just considered important general features, and nobody
bothered to make them optional.  There is nothing stopping anyone
making these parts (like kevent support) optional for their purposes.
Such patches might even be accepted back into tree if fed back via
PR.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/