Subject: NetBSD usage in embedded environments
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Stefan Sonnenberg-Carstens <s.sonnenberg@coolspot.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/24/2003 16:39:38
Hi list,
many thanks to the posts regarding the "seek" question.
This question might sound a bit like a flame question, but
I have to ask it, and perhaps this is the wrong list.
How many companies and/or projects use NetBSD to build their
embedded devices with ?
I saw the wasabi homepage, searched google etc. but the information is
not clear.
Almost every company states "we use linux", which IMHO falls definitly under
some hype thing. After 6 years with linux, I don't like it. It's not what
people want
to be.
For me this question is important, cause I'd like to go back to my roots as
developer with a big hardware attitude (device drivers, embedded systems
etc).
I saw that NetBSD offers a great toolchain for doing so an various
platforms,
but will a knowledge related to NetBSD in this case pay off ?
Are there companies which focus on that ( except wasabi ) ?
Hope no one will hang me here,

Stefan Sonnenberg