Subject: new pid allocation - any advantages?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/21/2003 09:25:17
Hi,

I'm looking at this code (trying to figure how to adjust stuff to honour
hard limit PID_MAX for pid) and actually wonder if this is very useful
at all.

The code is quite big, uses some amount of memory on runtime and
the performance isn't really different to the previous pid allocator.
I wonder if it was actually tested with bigger number of processes/LWPs at
all, too.

Would we want to keep it? If yes, why?

Jaromir
--