Subject: Re: have scsibus sleep only one time
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Greywolf <greywolf@starwolf.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/2003 01:33:46
Thus spake Manuel Bouyer ("MB> ") sometime Yesterday...

MB> Hi,
MB> would anyone object to the attached change ?
MB> It makes all the attached scsibusses sleep "in parallel" instead of
MB> sequencially, which is a real win for machines with several SCSI busses.
MB> On my DS20, which has 8 scsi busses, this saves 14 seconds on boot.

I've been wondering about this for years now.  Why we couldn't issue bus
resets in parallel on all the buses and then they'd all be ready to scan,
I'm not sure.

Someone must have a reason we need to wait sequentially...?

				--*greywolf;
--
NetBSD:  exercised any daemons lately?