Subject: Re: ugen isochronous transfers working or not?
To: tech-kern <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Love <lha@stacken.kth.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/10/2003 01:19:03
Klaus Heinz <k.heinz.maer.drei@onlinehome.de> writes:

> theo wrote:
>
>> The last few days i've been trying to write a ugen based driver
>> for my webcam (philips ToUcam Pro, pcvc740K), but I can't get
>
> Last november Love Hörnquist Åstrand reported he had the pwc driver in
> a working state (with his PCVC730K). I think it's not available in
> the CVS tree, yet.
>
> See http://mail-index.netbsd.org/tech-kern/2002/11/25/0000.html.

Its not in the tree since I've never finished the video for linux 2
interface since I had hard time finding applications using it, I got other
things to do and forgot the about the whole thing.

Sure, it would be good to have it in the tree, but I would like to have a
better access to the data then yet-another-cdev with private api.

Have anyone any experience with the v4l/v4l2 interface, is it anything we
want, will how v4l does dma/mmap work for us ?

Love