Subject: Re: have scsibus sleep only one time
To: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.lip6.fr>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/09/2003 16:10:22
On Sun, 9 Mar 2003, Manuel Bouyer wrote:

> Hi,
> would anyone object to the attached change ?
> It makes all the attached scsibusses sleep "in parallel" instead of
> sequencially, which is a real win for machines with several SCSI busses.
> On my DS20, which has 8 scsi busses, this saves 14 seconds on boot.

I'll be honest, I don't know that part of the code well. I assume that the
resetting of all busses occured above where you moved the code to?

i.e. we reset all busses, sleep once, then probe all busses? One question,
won't that make the per-bus check, (chan->chan_flags &
SCSIPI_CHAN_NOSETTLE) == 0, useless?

Take care,

Bill