Subject: exec right for libraries and COMPAT_*
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/02/2003 17:12:42
Hi

We recently enforced the requirement of the exec right on a library in
order to launch a program linked against it.

While I think this is a good feature for our native binaries, I just
noticed that this behavior is also enforced for non natives emulations.
I wonder if this is really what we want.

For instances Darwin libraries are not installed with the exec right.
Installers copy them mode 644, and such an installed library will not
work in emulation on NetBSD, we have do chmod it 755 first.

Opinions? (especially about how to fix that)

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org