Subject: Re: kernel panic on 1.6_STABLE - solved in FreeBSD?
To: Pavel Cahyna <>
From: Frank van der Linden <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 03/01/2003 13:44:54
On Sat, Mar 01, 2003 at 12:37:00PM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:
> I can provide a traceback and additional information if necessary, but I
> see this bug is probably described in FreeBSD's PR 15063 and fixed a
> long time ago. Could someone knowing ffs import this fix, please?
> (details here: )

The problem might be in this area, but that change can't be applied.
In fact, that change was applied a while ago, but then changed
(see rev 1.29 of ffs_balloc.c).

Since you are seeing this with a full filesystem, the problem is
somewhere in there, probably, but this change is not applicable
as is (anymore).

- Frank

Frank van der Linden
Quality NetBSD Development, Support & Service.