Subject: Re: JFS
To: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
From: Sean Davis <dive@endersgame.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/25/2003 20:06:31
On Tue, Feb 25, 2003 at 09:01:37AM -0800, Jason R Thorpe wrote:
<snip>
> That said, LFS is the right technology to be using for a lot of this
> stuff ... and Konrad and yamt have been doing a lot of terrific work
> to stabilize it lately.  Maybe they could post a list of TODO items
> or known issues?

Well, one issue I noticed recently is that an attempt to dump a filesystem
that has more than 2GB used will panic a -current kernel if you're dumping to a
file on LFS. I suspect that dd'ing from /dev/zero to create a 2GB+ file would do
the same thing, but I have not tested it.

--
/~\ The ASCII
/ \ Email!