Subject: Re: JFS
To: Wojciech Puchar <wojtek@tensor.3miasto.net>
From: john heasley <heas@shrubbery.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/19/2003 11:48:54
Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 08:42:48PM +0100, Wojciech Puchar:
> > > by looking at their patch, jfsutils is already quite portable.
> > > I'm afraid it'll be a long time before we see anyone actually
> > > using JFS under any BSD. But yes, it would be nice to have yet
> > > another filesystem option.
> > >
> > > //joelw
> >
> > i don't know anything about JFS, but resisefs found in linux would
> > be an interesting feature.
>
> have you used it for a long time?
>
> i did. and moved to ext2 as fast as possible.
>
> it's
>
> 1) buggy
> 2) buggy
> 3) buggy
> 4) doesn't have really working recovery tools
> 5) assumes things like I/O errors never happen. any disk I/O error
> means kernel panic.

hrm; in a new capacity, i am forced to tolerate linux -- so far, the
one machine with this has been stable and i believe it has some nice
features (specifically the ability to grow a fsys).

this is redhat 7.2, fwiw.  resiserfs does not appear to be an add-on
package or have a man page, so i have no idea what generation it might
be.