Subject: Re: JFS
To: Ken Seefried <ken@seefried.com>
From: Joel Wilsson <joelw@unix.se>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/19/2003 19:46:11
On Wednesday, February 19, 2003, at 07:19  pm, Ken Seefried wrote:
> There is now a project to port the IBM JFS filesystem to FreeBSD.
> http://jfs4bsd.sourceforge.net
> JFS is a pretty good journaling filesystem; I found it to be one of
> AIXes nicer features.  If they make much progress, this wouldn't be a
> bad addition to NetBSD.
> Ken

They've been working (or at least the page has been up) on that
for a very, very long time now, and all they have managed to do
is port the jfsutils... which isn't hard at all. As you can see
by looking at their patch, jfsutils is already quite portable.
I'm afraid it'll be a long time before we see anyone actually
using JFS under any BSD. But yes, it would be nice to have yet
another filesystem option.

//joelw