Subject: Extending the kernels functionality
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Benedikt Meurer <Benedikt.Meurer@unix-ag.uni-siegen.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/10/2003 19:11:44
Hello,

I've ported the uuidgen-Interface (and the required parts of the user-
land) used to generate universal unique identifiers to NetBSD, which
appeared in FreeBSD 5.0.

It works fine for me, but now there are some issues left e.g. with using
structs in system call arguments. Also there may be some style problems,
and some things I'm unclear about, like using the ifnet-pool (uuids
are generated from the MAC address of the node).

Now I'd like to ask someone who has more experience in developing system
interfaces to have a look at the stuff before I send-pr the patches.

thanks,

regards,
Benedikt

    -- Henry Spencer