Subject: Re: root device
To: Perry E. Metzger <perry@piermont.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/08/2003 19:07:08
Perry E. Metzger wrote:
> There has to be a better/more certain way. (If there isn't then we
> should create one.)

According to quick grep through sys/arch/*/*/autoconf.c for
config_rootfound(), most archs use 'mainbus'. acorn26 uses
four other 'roots' - cpu, iobus, arcvideo, podulebus.
evbppc/walnut uses another root - 'plb'. sbmips uses 'zbbus'
instead of 'mainbus'.

Jaromir

--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/