Subject: Re: Promise RAID 0 & 1
To: Lucio De Re <lucio@proxima.alt.za>
From: Curt Sampson <cjs@cynic.net>
List: tech-kern
Date: 02/03/2003 15:16:05
On Mon, 3 Feb 2003, Lucio De Re wrote:

> 	http://www.gigabytenetworking.com/drivers/ft_freeBSD42.tgz
>
> what seems to be an LKM for FreeBSD to at least help with the
> on-board RAID (FastTrak or some such), but there's bound to be
> someone considerably more familiar with FreeBSD and NetBSD who can
> port this to NetBSD or at least guide me in doing so.

Jason Thorpe might be a bit ahead of you here; he added support for a
Promise mirroring raid controller to NetBSD-current a week or so ago.
I'd try booting -current on your system and see if it recognises the
chip and a RAID set up using the BIOS; if it does, you "merely" need to
back-port the driver to 1.6.

cjs