Subject: Device open() function
To: None <,>
From: Gary Thorpe <>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/26/2003 20:16:06

I am having trouble with a device's xxxopen() function (and I assume
all the rest are also wrong): the point at which I get the soft
configuration structure via the device_lookup() macro found in
sys/device.h seems to be all wrong and for devices which are configured
it eventually panics and for devices which are not it panics right

For example, if /dev/dev0 is the last configured device and I try to
access /dev/dev1 it panics immediately instead of returning device not
configured. Is this the right way to do this (it worked previously
before I updated via SUP)?

Are there any recent documents which would explain what to do in NetBSD-current?

Post your free ad now!