Subject: Re: SYS_sigaction on NetBSD ?
To: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
From: Marc Recht <marc@informatik.uni-bremen.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/23/2003 11:51:06
--==========2444987764==========

> Back in 1998, sigset_t was extended to accomodate 128 signals, and in
> due course several interfaces using it changed, including struct
> sigaction. A new SYS___sigaction14 was added to use the new structure,
> and the old SYS_sigaction, renamed to SYS_compat_13_sigaction13,
> remained in the same syscall slot for compatibility reasons.
ah :)

> NetBSD-current's sigaction(2) uses the SYS___sigaction_sigtramp slot,
> through which a libc-provided signal trampoline is registered with the
> kernel (as well as the larger signal mask from SYS___sigaction14).
I'm not quite sure if I unstand this correctly.. Does it mean I should use=20
SYS___sigaction_sigtramp on -current ? Or am I just fine with=20
SYS___sigaction14 (which seems to do the sigtramp magic for me) ?

Regards,
Marc

--
"Premature optimization is the root of all evil." -- Donald E. Knuth