Subject: How to force core dump ?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: =?iso-8859-1?q?Philip=20Christian?= <philipchristian2003@yahoo.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/21/2003 16:06:57
I have been trying to sendto() using a CLNP RAW_SOCK
and failing.

So I started messing with the OSI stack and
recompiling to see what is going on.

Basically when sendto() is invoked it is calling
clnp_raw.c but does not seem to pass the OSI address
specified in sendto() onto clnp_raw.c properly.

If I manually put an address into clnp_raw.c and
recompile then a CLNP packet is then actually sent.

As the address structure is pretty complicated, with
structures of pointers pointing to structures of
pointers etc I think that the only way that I am going
to figure out what is going on is to do invoke a
memory dump inside clnp_raw.c so that I can see where
the bytes have gone...

Can someone give me a fragment of code that will cause
a coredump ?

I can't figure out how to do it and my head is sore
from looking at structures of pointers to addresses..

Thanks, Philip