Subject: Re: filenames and linenumbers in ddb
To: Pavel Cahyna <pcah8322@artax.karlin.mff.cuni.cz>
From: Jason R Thorpe <thorpej@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/15/2003 09:10:54
On Wed, Jan 15, 2003 at 11:56:32AM +0100, Pavel Cahyna wrote:

 > Is there any way to use line numbers in ddb?

It might have worked in a.out if you actually loaded the kernel with all
the debug symbols... but there is no support for debugging symbols for
ELF objects, even though we currently use DBX-format deubgging in our
ELF.  It will become even harder when we switch to use DWARF2 debugging
info in our ELF (which will happen sometime this year).

If you really want source-level debugging, I suggest using kgdb.