Subject: Re: Support for controllers without aux registers in MI wdc
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 01/13/2003 23:17:48
On Mon, Jan 13, 2003 at 10:57:50PM +0200, Ilpo Ruotsalainen wrote:
> Attached is a patch to add a flag so the MI wdc can handle controllers
> that lack aux registers (needed for my amiga IDE-doubler work). Could
> someone check that this is ok before I commit, please.

Are you sure it can't be resetted at all ?
Some other controllers have no aux registers, but have an extended command
register to do it (e.g. atari/dev/wdc_mb.c I think, or mac68k/obio/wdc_obio.c)
reset is almost a requirement for a working IDE controller :)

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>