Subject: Re: IPF and ALTQ with 1.6_STABLE
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Matthew Mondor <mmondor@gobot.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/20/2002 18:05:25
 Hi folks,

 I recently upgraded a system which used to run 1.5.3 to NetBSD-release-1.6
 (1.6_STABLE). There are two problems I have enountered; perhaps I am missing
 something? I attempt to compile in support for ipfilter and ipnat, as well
 as altq.

 I first noticed that options(4) does not have any information on enabling
 support for altq, and I found no GENERIC configuration files examples to
 do it, even commented out. Although some altq-related man pages are there,
 rc.conf(5) has been updated and /etc/rc.d/ scripts as well. Would anyone
 know the specific keyword I should use in my kernel configuration file to
 enable it?

 Then I noticed that IPF support, although compiled in, does not seem to work
 at all anymore (which used to work fine with 1.5.3)... config(8) also didn't
 show any warnings before compilation, compilation went well, but I get
 ioctl(2) errors.

 I herein attach various information about my current system which perhaps
 could help to point out any error on my part.

 Thanks,
 Matt