Subject: Re: > 1T filesystems, disklabels, etc
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/16/2002 22:13:40
> NetBSD needs an intuitive disk editor program that will run not only
> on install but after install, when the system is already set up.

"Intuitive" is a matter of opinion when it comes to user interfaces.

I have two disk-label editors that use very similar user interfaces,
one for Sun disklabels and the other for BSD disklabels.  When I heard
of disklabel -i, I thought, oh, good, someone else felt the same need.
Then I tried it and was very disappointed.

I've put the two programs in question up at
ftp.netbsd.org:/pub/NetBSD/misc/mouse/sunlabel.c and bsdlabel.c for
anyone who might care to peruse them and/or rip off pieces.  There's
also a sunlabel.doc there as well.

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign