Subject: Re: Implementing jail
To: Simas Mockevicius <Simas@remo.lt>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/15/2002 16:17:15
On Sun, Dec 15, 2002 at 10:48:49AM +0200, Simas Mockevicius wrote:

> but NetBSD have in the TODO list this tool? Or maybe there are another
> thoughts about how to create on the running system virtual server, lets
> say, for virtual hosting?

Well, you are aware that you do not need the jail functionality for a virtual
server? A few interface aliases, proper apache configuration and maybe
chroot'd ssh acounts will do what you want. The jail just adds a tiny piece
of security for the case where the virtual clients have root access.

I'm not sure if/how it matters in the "clients w/o root access" case at all.

Martin