Subject: Re: driver writer wannabe needs a few hints
To: Jon Buller <jon@bullers.net>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/12/2002 22:27:02
Jon Buller wrote:
> struct cfattach dbri_ca = {
>         sizeof(struct dbri_softc),      /* size of instance data */
>         dbri_match,
>         dbri_attach,
>         NULL,                           /* dbri_detach */
>         dbri_activate
> };

> So do I need to put a string in the first slot of the initializer,
> (and update the man page) or do I have something broken?  If my

Yes, you need. Better, use the recently introduced CFATTACH_DECL()
macro, like

CFATTACH_DECL(dbri, sizeof(struct dbri_softc),
    dbri_match, dbri_attach, NULL, dbri_acticate);

This defines and initializes appropriate cfattach struct.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/