Subject: Re: NetBSD1.6 UVM problem?
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: der Mouse <mouse@Rodents.Montreal.QC.CA>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/11/2002 03:38:54
>> The resource that is in short supply in the circumstance in question
>> is *physical* pages: [...]
> A subtlety that I'd missed, but in this case there is no need to kill
> the process -- simply swap it out, since we know that all its vm
> resources are backed by swap.

How do we know that?  It's been a long time since NetBSD supported
total-VM = total-swap instead of total-VM = total-swap + total-RAM.
(Modulo VM backed by other than swap space, of course, and RAM deducted
for the kernel or otherwise not available for backing VM.)

/~\ The ASCII				der Mouse
\ / Ribbon Campaign