Subject: Re: Scheduler hints
To: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
From: Bill Studenmund <wrstuden@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2002 13:32:56
On Mon, 9 Dec 2002, Roland Dowdeswell wrote:

> On 1039422164 seconds since the Beginning of the UNIX epoch
> "M. Warner Losh" wrote:
> >

> >	3) But with the one slot, a sysadmin could regain the system.
>
> I don't think that there is any general consensus here that upping
> the number of root-only slots is a bad idea.

Agreed. My only (strong :-) objection to the changes concerned the .5
second delay. I think that the root-slot increase and the syslog change
were both good improvements, and want to thank JD for adding them.

Oh, and the syslog limiting is important even though syslog consolidates
duplicate messages, it only consolidates sucessive duplicates. If anything
else is logging while these messages go by, that logging will destroy the
duplication, so the messages will get logged.

Take care,

Bill