Subject: deliberately wedging systems
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2002 15:51:07
I've just written two programs, both runnable by an unprivileged
used, both of which completely wedge the system.
(ok the first will let existing programs continue...)

Both are MUCH harder to kill than a fork bomb running as root.
(I had to reset out of the second!, the other was interruptable
from the terminal)

Neither program is using any cpu time either.

I'm not going to post the source, because I'm sure some students
read this mail and will immedaitely try them.
I'll send them to anyone with a netbsd.org (or similar) address.

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk