Subject: Using common code for alternate path checks
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/09/2002 15:18:51
Hi all

We have several emulation where file related system calls are plain BSD,
100% compatible with our native implementation. But because we have to
check for an alternte path in /emul/*, we define them several times.

In order to share some code, I made sys/compat/common/comat_file.c which
implements all native file related system calls with an alternate path
check. I use it for darwin emulation, now it would be interesting to
change other emulation so that they use it too.

We have aout, aoutm68k, freebsd, and some bits of sunos and ultrix that
could use theses system calls instead of duplicating them. I can do the
changes, but I will be unable to check that things are not broken.
Anyone that use theses emulations would like to test a patch for me (or
better do the change)?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org