Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/kern
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Roland Dowdeswell <elric@imrryr.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/06/2002 23:39:52
Jaromir Dolecek wrote:

>FWIW, I fail to see where anyone explained anything like what you are
>saying. So far, I've seen bad example with thttpd. Generalizing on
>basis of thttpd behaviour isn't correct, IMHO.

I was not generalizing on the basis of thttpd.  I said roughly that
I thought that a change like this would cause problems down the
line.  I then came up with a single example which is conveniently
badly written and hence shouldn't be considered.  Well, frankly,
I do not think that thttpd's behaviour in this case is all that
bad.  I do not think that processes should be required to do their
own resource limitations when a perfectly good model already exists
and is enforced by the kernel for them.

--
    Roland Dowdeswell                      http://www.Imrryr.ORG/~elric/