Subject: Re: RelCache (aka ELF prebinding) news
To: Bang Jun-Young <junyoung@netbsd.org>
From: Martin Husemann <martin@duskware.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 12/04/2002 13:32:21
On Wed, Dec 04, 2002 at 09:15:00PM +0900, Bang Jun-Young wrote:

> It's called "conflict" and should be resolved
> by the dynamic linker at relocation time.

So the problem is detecting those conflicts dynamically at prebind time?
Sounds easy.

 - if some new external symbol makes one of our (we == the prebound shared
   library) a conflict, we don't care. The prebound value is available for
   load-time conflict resolution.

 - if one library that we bind against changed (which could make the set of
   conflicts change) we have to ignore our prebind information and fall
   back to full dynamic loading anyway.

What am I missing?

Martin