Subject: Re: siginfo, signal queues, memory issues
To: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
From: Juli Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/30/2002 18:35:53
* De: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org> [ Data: 2002-11-28 ]
	[ Subjecte: Re: siginfo, signal queues, memory issues ]
> Christos Zoulas wrote:
> > 1. Is it ok to queue all the signals, not only the rt ones?
>
> I hope you mean 'queue when SA_SIGINFO is set' :) I do thing
> that you want to queue all signals for which you support SA_SIGINFO.
> I don't recall POSIX.4 making any particular exception for non-RT
> signal numbers; maybe it just noted SA_SIGINFO may only be supported
> for signals <SIGRTMIN,SIGRTMAX>. Anyway, SUSv3 says:

What's wrong with generalised reliable signals?  All signals which do not
have an immediate consequence might as well be queued, since reliable
signals are good anyway?  But what the hell, I hear that sort of thinking
from a lot of people, so what do I know?  All I do know if if you're
passing every signal to userland, e.g. to do userland threads, you want
every signal to be reliable.

juli.
--
Juli Mallett <jmallett@NewGold.NET>