Subject: kernel using adjustkernel doesn't compile
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Frank Knappe <knappe@tu-harburg.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2002 23:37:06
			Hallo!

I have here a 1.6 stable system. When I was running 1.5.1
I used adjustkernel to generate a a custom kernel file from the
generic one. But there is a problem right now:

cd /sys/arch/i386/conf/
adjustkernel -f GENERIC -o MYKERNEL
config MYKERNEL
 make depend

[a lot of output]
../../../../net/if_ethersubr.c:109: #error You have included a
pseudo-device in your configuration that depends on the presence of
ethernet interfaces, but have no such interfaces configured. Check if you
realy need pseudo-device bridge, ppppoe or vlan.
mkdep: compile failed.
*** Error code 1

Stop.
make: stopped in /sys/arch/i386/compile/MYKERNEL

I can remove these 3 interface, but the error is the same.
I've got some hints that this error is related to netatalk.
In GENNERIC netatalk is aktiv and I can compile a GENERIC kernel.
NETALK is also aktiv in MYKERNEL, but I can't compile MYKERNEL.
If I remove netatalk from MYKERNEL I can compile MYKERNEL and the
kernel is also running.

So, what's the reason for this problem?

Ciao , Frank .