Subject: Re: fork1(), uvm_fork() and cpu_fork()
To: NetBSD Kernel Technical Discussion List <tech-kern@NetBSD.ORG>
From: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2002 17:24:49
> While you're in there it would be really nice to move the process start
> time back out of struct pstats and into the proc structure where it
> belongs and where it won't get paged out....  p_ru should probably be
> kept in-core all the time too, though it's the start time that I miss
> the most....

Actually I would be more inclined to move more stuff into the
user area.

However something so that 'ps' could display more of the
information might be useful.

One possibility would to be to page in the user area if
ps requested info about a single process.

You certainly don't want 'top' to page in all the user areas...

	David

--
David Laight: david@l8s.co.uk