Subject: Re: fork1(), uvm_fork() and cpu_fork()
To: David Laight <david@l8s.co.uk>
From: Greg A. Woods <woods@weird.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/29/2002 12:04:54
[ On Friday, November 29, 2002 at 15:55:38 (+0000), David Laight wrote: ]
> Subject: fork1(), uvm_fork() and cpu_fork()
>
> At the moment the only such code is that which sets up the p->p_stats
> area.  However I have just made a kernel which puts p->p_sigacts
> into the user area [1].  This requires sigactsinit() to be called
> after the child's user area has been locked down.

While you're in there it would be really nice to move the process start
time back out of struct pstats and into the proc structure where it
belongs and where it won't get paged out....  p_ru should probably be
kept in-core all the time too, though it's the start time that I miss
the most....

--
								Greg A. Woods