Subject: Re: Disk Quota's over NFS
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Duncan McEwan <duncan@mcs.vuw.ac.nz>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/28/2002 11:09:35
> What version are you running ?

Doh...!  How could I forget to mention something as important as that... :-(

NetBSD 1.6D on both client and server...

> A bug behaving like that has been fixed before 1.6 was released ...

So the suggestion here is that quota's *are* expected to work correctly over
NFS...?

If so, are there any extra options that need to be given to the mount command
to turn quotas on?  Our mounts are usually done by amd but to try to simplify
my testing I've also been working with a manually mounted file system that was
mounted with the option "userquota".  That didn't make any difference.

I also tried running the "quotaon" command but that just reported "quotaon:
/mnt/rialto-home2 not found in fstab".  A subsequent look at the quotaon source
revealed that it ignores any non "ffs" filesystems...

Duncan