Subject: COMPAT_DARWIN status: signals work
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/27/2002 01:06:38
Hi all.

Things are gettting so fast that this is nearly getting a daily
report... Since sunday, signal delivery has been implemented. We are
comming, Aqua!

Updated roadmap:

To do:
- cleanup sys/compat/mach to remove COMPAT_DARWIN specificities
- Things we don't suspect yet (multithreading, semaphores?)
- Graphic display
  No idea how Quartz speaks to the hardware yet. Anyone knows that?
- Siginfo (awaiting Christos completes siginfo for NetBSD)
- i386 signal handling (need volunteers)
- test more simple binaries (need volunteers)

In progress:
- Get i386 going as far as powerpc goes (need volunteers)
- Check out the bug that prevent /bin/sh from working (powerpc)
- Check out the bug that crashes ls -l (powerpc)

Done:
- signal handling
- Debug mach traps quick and dirty emulation to get dynamic linking
- Even more accurate stack layout on startup
- Emulate enough of BSD system calls to get dynamic linking
- create COMPAT_DARWIN
- implement required mach traps on powerpc
- accurate stack layout on startup
- reverse engineering mach traps
- enough support for in native gdb to trace mach-O bins
- mach traps support on i386 and powerpc
- Mach-O binaries suport

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus
manu@netbsd.org