Subject: Midiman Audiophile 2496 (envy24/ice1712)
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Joachim Thiemann <joachim@tsp.ece.mcgill.ca>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/21/2002 22:31:46
Hello,
I've got an Audiophile2496 card, which is using the ICEnsemble 1712 chip
(and ac97, I think).  Great little card, S/PDIF i/o, 24bit, 96kHz.

Unfortunately, not yet supported under NetBSD.

Anyone in the process of writing a driver? I don't want to duplicate any
effort that may be already in progress...  If not, anyone with this or
other ice1712 card (Delta66 etc?) that would like to help me?

I have started a driver (I'm experimentally calling the device "envy")
under 1.6, and have it being recognised by autoconf, having added the
appropiate entries to sys/dev/pci/files.pci, sys/dev/DEVNAMES and
pcidevs (I've included the pcidevs diff below) and my files envy.c and
envyregs.h are cannibalized from eap (hey, everyone else seems to base
their audio drivers off it...).

The documentation for the chip can be found from ALSA.

Anyone aware of any issues that I should be on the lookout for, esp.
regarding the 24 bit sample size, and 96kHz rate that I hope to get
happening?

Hope you all have a good day,
Joe.
PS. Off list, it's better to contact me at the address Joachim.Thiemann
(note the dot) at Mail.McGill.CA

RCS file: /cvsroot/syssrc/sys/dev/pci/pcidevs,v
retrieving revision 1.428.2.13
diff -r1.428.2.13 pcidevs
535a536
> vendor ICENSEMBLE	0x1412  IC Ensemble Inc.
1279a1281,1283