Subject: Re: osiop and the 53c700
To: Izumi Tsutsui <tsutsui@ceres.dti.ne.jp>
From: Chuck Silvers <chuq@chuq.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/17/2002 15:53:16
On Thu, Jul 11, 2002 at 11:05:06PM +0900, Izumi Tsutsui wrote:
> I agree that 700 and 710 have many similar functions,
> but I would still like to have separated drivers for them.
> Of course some sources could be shared between them, so
> how about the approach of current siop and esiop?

has any progress been made on this separate driver?
if not, then I propose to commit matt's merged driver
to get the hp700 port going while we're waiting for
someone to write the separate one.  when and if the
separate driver becomes availabe, we can remove the
700 code from the osiop driver.

-Chuck