Subject: Re: mach traps display in kdump
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/14/2002 09:31:21
On 11/14/2002 04:29:48, Christos Zoulas said:

> Why don't we just put the real number there, and have > kdump deal with it?

The syscall number is used by ktrsyscall and ktrsysret as an index in
the syscall table. If you supply the real (possibly negative) syscall
number, tracing a mach trap causes a kernel panic.

This is why I need to pass two syscall number: the real one and the
"normalized" one.

The other solution is to pass only the real system call number and call
mach_syscall_dispatch() in ktrsyscall and ktrsysret to rediscover the
"normalized" system call number. IMHO, it's not very clever since we
already dit that operation in mach_syscall and we forget the result when
calling trace_enter and trace_exit.

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
NetBSD, parceque je le vaux bien.