Subject: mach traps display in kdump
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Emmanuel Dreyfus <manu@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/14/2002 02:14:29
Hi all

I'd like to have mach traps correctly displayed in kdump, but to do this
I need to correctly record them in the kernel.

Mach traps are negative syscall numbers, and we make them positive at
the beginning of the system call handler. I need the original negative
syscall number to be stored in the trace.

The simplier way, as far as I see, would be to add a realcode argument
to trace_enter, ktrsyscall, trace_exit and ktrsysret. In code we would
have the positive syscall number, and in realcode the original syscall
number, possibly negative.

Comment? Any idea why it would be a bad idea?

--
Emmanuel Dreyfus.
Hiroshima 45. Tchernobyl 86. Windows 95.