Subject: Re: pciide interrupts ?
To: Hubert Feyrer <hubert.feyrer@informatik.fh-regensburg.de>
From: Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/13/2002 23:36:28
On Wed, Nov 13, 2002 at 02:21:55AM +0100, Hubert Feyrer wrote:

> Has anyone seen this before (while booting a custom 1.6-absed floppy):

> biomask fffd netmask fffd ttymask ffff
> md0: internal 1440 KB image area
> pciide0:0:0: lost interrupt
>     type: ata tc_bcount: 512 tc_skip: 0
> pciide0:0:0: bus-master DMA error: missing interrupt, status=0x21
>
> What does it mean? is there a cure?

It means that the kernel sent a command to the device, and never got an
interrupt back. This can happen on the IDE bus, which is not really
well protected to electrical problems.
Did you see it only once, or each time you boot your floppy on this machine ?
Can you use the disk after that ?

Also, the bio/net/ttymask looks weird to me ... What machine is it ?

--
Manuel Bouyer <bouyer@antioche.eu.org>