Subject: Re: MacOS X binary compatibility status
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: None <kpneal@pobox.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/10/2002 20:52:49
On Sun, Nov 10, 2002 at 09:38:50PM +0100, Xavier HUMBERT wrote:
> Since MacOSX/Darwin is already largely based on NetBSD, with a few adds
> from FreeBSD, is there an interest other than technical performance to
> have MacOSX on NetBSD ?
>
> Please, there is no offence, the answer "because it's fun" sounds
> perfectly reasonable to me, but is there another ?

So, I'm wondering how much of the Mach-O support can be leveraged
to supply the Mach system calls missing from the Digital UNIX
emulation on the Alpha.

I'd kinda like to run, for example, Acrobat Reader. Y'know.
           On the community of supercomputer fans:
"But what we lack in size we make up for in eccentricity."
  from Steve Gombosi, comp.sys.super, 31 Jul 2000 11:22:43 -0600