Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/01/2002 20:18:28
Matt Thomas wrote:
> >I don't understand. Note that the syscall array is rounded up to
> >nearest power of two, so there are guaranteed to be 512 entries
> >at the moment. The code there should work just fine in the form it
> >was in rev 1.8. What was the exact problem you tried to fix?
> >Note that MACH_SYS_MAXSYSCALL == MACH_SYS_NSYSENT == 128.
>
> SYS_MAXSYSCALL (346) != SYS_NSYSENT (512).

Indeed, you are right. The code worked before, because it explicitly
used SYS_NSYSENT (and it works for this reason elsewhere, too).

The struct emul definitions are wrong then, they should use
*SYS_NSYSENT, not *SYS_MAXSYSCALL. I will fix the struct emul
definitions. Would it be okay to back off your change then?

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/