Subject: Re: CVS commit: syssrc/sys/arch/powerpc/powerpc
To: Matt Thomas <matt@3am-software.com>
From: Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@netbsd.org>
List: tech-kern
Date: 11/01/2002 15:28:35
Matt Thomas wrote:
> >Hm... the p-o-2 dance is to allow it to simple mask-and-jump, to save
> >the comparison and branch....  I think it *should* actually be NSYSENT.
>
> So do I, but that isn't currently done.

I don't understand. Note that the syscall array is rounded up to
nearest power of two, so there are guaranteed to be 512 entries
at the moment. The code there should work just fine in the form it
was in rev 1.8. What was the exact problem you tried to fix?
Note that MACH_SYS_MAXSYSCALL == MACH_SYS_NSYSENT == 128.

Jaromir
--
Jaromir Dolecek <jdolecek@NetBSD.org>            http://www.NetBSD.org/