Subject: disklabel handling functions
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@wasabisystems.com>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/31/2002 22:01:39
In an effort to be able to handle disklabels more easily from within programs
that use them I have put together some functions that I'd like to incorporate
into a lib.  It's been suggested that the best place to put them would be
libutil (or possibly a new lib libdklabel).

I'd like to get some other people to look over the functions and let me know
what else needs to be done to them before they are suitable to be imported.
For the moment I only have knowledge of i386 and they have been tested there
but they have been written flexibly to account for any platform specific
quirks I don't know about.

Anyway, the functions, documentation and a little test program that mimics
disklabel(8)'s -r and -R options are located at:
ftp://ftp.netbsd.org/pub/NetBSD/misc/rtr/dklabel-20021031.tar.gz

I make a specific note that the test program is not of any consequence it
is only the functions I am interested in getting feedback on.

--

Tyler Retzlaff <rtr@wasabisystems.com>  http://www.wasabisystems.com