Subject: Re: chmod & symlink broken in 1.6
To: None <tech-kern@netbsd.org>
From: Klaus Klein <kleink@reziprozitaet.de>
List: tech-kern
Date: 10/31/2002 00:20:11
Hi folks.

Those still tracking the discussion about creating hard links to
symbolic links I'd like to inform that the particular change causing
link(2) not to follow symbolic links has been reverted.

However, this functionality may still be required for some of the
emulations provided. I don't recall what the motivation for the
original change to make link(2) not follow symbolic links was, but if
this functionality is still desired for native NetBSD programs (where
permitted by the file system), I would like to hear opinions about the
addition of a new llink(2) (similar to lstat(2) etc.) interface to it.

- Klaus